Public Sector Tendering Masterclass
Time:09:30 - 17:00
Location:Ibis Styles Hotel Crewe, Crewe Business Park, CW16BD
No registration allowed
Back to Events Calendar
The public sector is a massive market opportunity. By 2020 government hopes to award 33% of their procurement budget to smaller businesses, out of a total UK public sector spend of around £200 billion a year. Cheshire East Council alone spends around £260 million annually on contracts, supplies and services with third parties.
Winning a public sector contract can help your business grow.
This free masterclass is being provided to help smaller businesses based in Cheshire East learn how to win public sector contracts, in association with South Cheshire Chamber of Commerce.
The masterclass will show small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) from Cheshire East how public sector procurement works, the different frameworks in public sector contracts, how to identify the best opportunities and how to write a winning bid. The masterclass is suitable for businesses new to the tendering process or looking to improve how they tender.
The one-day masterclass aims to cover the whole process from start to finish, focusing on three key areas:
• FIND – Looking for tendering opportunities
• BID – Practical bid management skills
• WIN – Ways to ensure the bid submission is a winning one
The interactive session will help you to:
• Understand public sector procurement processes
• Represent your financial position
• Identify your strengths, weaknesses and unique selling points
• Utilise techniques that make the bid process efficient and effective
• Quickly build up a knowledge base of procurement processes
• ‘Punch above your weight’ when participating in procurement processes.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Registration and refreshments are at 9.30am for a prompt 10.00am start. The masterclass finishes at 5.00pm.
Please note, to ensure more businesses can benefit, please only book one attendee from your business.
Ibis Styles Hotel Crewe, Crewe Business Park